Our Continuing Chicken Mummy Experience...
June 2, 2007 (I lost count of the weeks, but it's been a looonng time)
I am happy to say that the Chicken Mummy Saga has officially come to an end! Today, the kids wrapped the now-mummified chickens and placed them in their sarcophagi.
This week, we used:
* 1 inexpensive plastic drop cloth
* 1/2 roll of gauze per chicken (2 total - we should have gotten more)
* fake plastic jewels to decorate the chickens
* large googly eyes for each chicken (because I'm weird and thought it would be funny)
* 1 shoe box per chicken
* spray paint
1. We took the chicken out of the bag, wiped the salt out of the cavity and rubbed it off the outside of the chicken into a garbage can.
2. We covered the table with a drop cloth and the kids wrapped and decorated their mummies.
3. The kids went outside, spray-painted their shoe boxes, and let them dry.
4. They put their chicken mummies in the boxes and....put them back on the refrigerator!
Since this has turned into such a prolonged adventure, I decided to make a separate category for it. Click on Chicken Mummy Saga to read them all (if you really want to).
Did I ever give you the link for the directions for this? Here it is: Mummy Tombs: Animal Mummy Recipes. I know you really want to try this after reading about my adventure, don't you???
I almost forgot! My loving and patient husband posted the pics of the Chicken Mummy Saga here. BTW, don't quote me, but I think it's only been 9 months, not 12.